Monday, April 11, 2011

Elizabeth Cascading Down Pearls Necklace

I know, you've heard it before - they don't make them like they used to. And in the case of Elizabeth Taylor, that's certainly true. She was a Movie Star. She made no pretense or apologies that she was Glamorous and Beautiful, and we loved her for it. But she didn't rely just on her beauty, this woman had acting chops. Who could forget her in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, in which she received her second Academy Award?

And I may not be in the majority, but I loved her marriage to contractor Larry Fortensky, who she met while they were both in the Betty Ford Center. It reinforces the idea that she made her own rules and did whatever the hell she wanted.

And in my humble tribute to her, I've named my latest necklace, after her. This necklace is for the woman doesn't follow any other rules but her own. This necklace is big but not overbearing - it doesn't wear you, you know what I mean? Each piece is hand beaded or hand set, then wired together to create a cascade of pearls, crystals, rhinestones and filigree. It would make quite a statement as a bridal necklace, or it would glam up your basic jeans and tee.

The Elizabeth necklace is now available on etsy :) thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment